There was a fire outbreak at the National Headquarters of the Indepedent National Electoral Commission in Abuja on Monday.

An official of the commission who witnessed the fire incident told a Punch correspondent that the fire started from a spark from the air conditioner in the office of the Personal Assistant to the Chairman.

The fire which started around 12:10pm was said to have burnt the curtain in the office of the PA to the Chairman but was put out before it could do a severe damage.

The INEC staff said that the men of the Fire Service Unit of the commission acted swiftly to put out the fire within five minutes.

See Photos Below

 

Advertisements